CAN be a better you!
Granted… there is no such thing as instant
success. Continued research in the
concept of peak performance or attaining “The Zone” is realizing techniques
common to any high achiever. You see… “Success is predictable”. We should all have a commitment to the belief that you
can have more than what you have, because you can be more than what you are.
You can be a better you!
self-motivating principles for success…
1. SET GOALS. Everything that you've heard about goal
setting is true. Goals equal success. Goal Setters equal successful
people! Decide what you want. Be specific and write it down. It's
easier to get anywhere when you have a map, even
a mission statement or a port to sail to!
2. WHO YOU SEE IS WHO YOU'LL BE. Losers live life from the outside in, while winners live life from the inside out. Don’t be an “On the surface” person. Everything ever achieved is first seen in someone's mind. Positive thinking is a key component to success. Get a clear vision of what you will be like when you have achieved your goal. See the colors and the surroundings in your mind's eye. It has to become vivid on the inside of you before it becomes reality. VISUALIZATIONS PACK A LOT OF POWER!
3. PLAY THE PART. See yourself as having already achieved what you want. We're not talking about acting as if you are someone you aren’t; rather it is performing at maximum levels. Be all that you can be! The good feeling it produces actually becomes a strong motivation. It is self-predicting!
4. MAKE DECISIONS AND CONTROL THE INNER-VOICE. Something
in all of us wants to do what's convenient rather than what's important.
Sometimes it is easier to be negative rather than positive. The voice inside
you will tell you why you can't achieve your goal and why you don't deserve
it. When you hear that voice – Throw
it out the window and very far away! Make that voice very small! You must choose to believe what you really
want. Have the courage to achieve the greatness for which you were born. Pay
careful attention to the self-talk.
5. DON'T BOTHER ARGUING OR ATTEMPT TO DEFEND YOURSELF WHEN THINGS DON'T GO RIGHT. Every adversity contains the seed of at least an equal blessing. This can is difficult to remember in the middle of a storm. Don’t fight the storm too hard because you will miss the rainbow. Take the lemons and make your lemonade! Great every adversity with strength & courage and a positive outlook!
6. AFTER FALLING DOWN GET UP AND GO AT IT AGAIN.
Resilience – the ability to bounce back - is a good quality to cultivate. How
many thousands of ways did Tom Edison discover “How not to create the light
bulb”. Successful people don't talk
about failure – They talk about their successes and good experiences. Refer to your attempts as a
"challenge". If you are not
falling down occasionally then perhaps your goals are too easy and you are in
too safe a comfort zone and you need to re-evaluate the goals. One definition for success is, "Fall
seven times, get up eight!"
7. LIVE IN THE NOW. You are working toward your
future. True success is the progressive realization of a worthwhile goal or
dream. Don't overlook the joys of today. Still enjoy what is happening today.
Take vacations – enjoy friends. Guilt
is the gift that keeps on giving. Avoid feeling guilt for current bouts of
leisure! Wherever you are, be there! AND be better!
8. ENTHUSIASM IS A POWERFUL FORCE. Be sure you are
moving toward something you really want, plan activities that you love and
can be excited about. Whatever you do, do it with all your
might. Let your goal put a fire in your belly and a lion in your heart.
Always live your life with passion.
9. THINK WHEN YOU ARE NOT THINKING. Try going for a walk, a jog, doing house or yard work all the while asking yourself questions to stimulate curiosity and creativity. Ask yourself who… what… where… how… why… how… when… of any subject person place object or task. Or sometimes just don’t even think and see what comes into your mind.
10. LISTEN TO CLASSICAL MUSIC. Find personal innovation by implementing the Mozart effect. Recent studies reveal a molecular basis for the “Mozart Effect”, but not for other music. Mozart can relieve stress, improve communication and increase efficiency. Creativity scores soar when listening to Moazart.
11. READ MAGAZINES AND WEBLOGS THAT YOU TYPICALLY WOULD NOT READ. Choose subjects outside of your typical genre to generate diverse thinking – a critical competency in the any creative process.
12. ATTEND A CONFERENCE / TRADE FAIR / MEETING OUTSIDE YOUR FIELD OR INTEREST. Stepping away from your daily routine stimulates your own ideas and often gives a new perspective with creative solutions to existing challenges.
13. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH CREATIVE THINKERS. This is self-explaining…
14. KEEP AN IDEA JOURNAL. This is a must. This becomes a repository of your creative thoughts. Share someparts of these thoughts and gather feedback that you can sift through and either cultivate ideas or weed out the dull ones. Keep this as a greenhouse for the ideas that need nurturing, protection and eventually some ideas will reach maturity without being forgotten. Don’t rush idea growth, don’t force ideas give them timely attention.
To Contact us by E-Mail: JOANS followed by @ joansvoboda.com (formatted to foil Spam Bots!)